I’ve always been a little bit insecure about my cooking since I’ve learned it. I do get lots of compliments, but in the back in my head I always think I can do better… until a month of two ago when I tried to make Salmon Pasta and it was PERFECT even if I may so myself 🙂
Even my mother has been constantly asking me when I will be making it again. I have done so a few times and each time it was flawless, so I will share the recipe with you.
What you need:
- Salmon portions (duh!)
- Cooking cream
- One regular sized lemon
- One bottle of black olives
- One onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- A bottle of white wine (I usually buy Gran Vino Blanco from Viña Maipo)
- A can of mushrooms
- Black pepper
- Normal pepper if you prefer (I don’t)
- Pasta (I prefer the bowties, because I think they look good, but this is up to you)
The way I make it is a spin-off from this recipe: Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta
*NOTE: I didn’t use smoked salmon in my pasta*
- Cook you pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- I first season the salmon with salt, lemon juice, black pepper and basil. Use whatever seasoning you prefer; this is what I use. Fast and simple.
- Next: I add about half of the bottle of white wine in a medium sized baking pan. Let the wine heat up and the alcohol evaporate. Next I toss in the salmon and bake it in the white wine until all the wine has been absorbed and evaporated.
- While still in the pan, I break the salmon portions into small chunks with the spatula.
- I then take the chopping board and chop the union, garlic and pepper into pieces.
- Next I take another pan and start to heat some olive oil. After its warm enough I add the chopped ingredients, stir them around a bit. Add some more seasoning if you want.
- Next I add the mushrooms and black olives. I also add the liquid of the olives to the same pan. You should already start to smell the great scent.
- Next I add the salmon chunks to the mixture, add the cream and just let it boil a bit.
- Last added the pasta and let it simmer for about 10 minutes and VOILA, you’re done!
TIP 1: eat it with Parmesan cheese to add an extra touch!
TIP 2: the rest of the white wine you can drink while eating.
Bon appetite 🙂